Digital Asset Management or DAM solutions do intensify the advantages of rich media, like videos and images. It accomplishes this job by storing, organizing, and sharing digital assets. With passing time, videos and images have begun to trend and rich types of 360o and 3D are gaining traction rapidly. As active user interactions have turned hugely popular assets aren’t any longer static.
For facing these challenges, retailers and brands are looking for novice and fresh solutions for deploying digital assets to many devices. Several deployment choices are obtainable and they comprise public, on-premise, and also hybrid cloud environments.
The deployment models of DAM
The initial solutions of DAM were stand-alone and on-premise. The advancement of the cloud proposed a highly versatile, economical, and convenient substitute. Today, DAM solutions should manage assets enthusiastically for catering to the escalating requirement for asset sharing, uploads, distribution, and manipulation.
The solutions of Cloud-based DAM propose numerous benefits connected to speed, cost, distribution, accessibility, and scalability.
- Hosting – Systems tend to be web-hosted and so, they can make deployment straightforward and fast. The job of the system vendors is managing maintenance, upgrades, and system backups.
- Scalability – The majority of the companies are accumulating digital assets fast. Due to their scalability, cloud-based systems tend to be perfect for flexible storage.
- Cost – Commonly, cloud DAM solutions tend to be less costly and there isn’t any purchase important for replacement software, storage, or hardware.
- Security – Some public cloud vendors, such as Azure, GCP, and AWS apply several layers of security for protecting the data of customers.
Some large enterprises continue to use on-premise DAM solutions for fulfilling the regulatory needs of graphic files’ data storage.
- Stable environments of production – In a few cases, companies opt to defer the acceptance of some releases and upgrade them when it seems necessary.
- Full control by IT – Some In-house IT maintenance and management and it includes security updates and system backups.
Benefits of using DAM
Today, it has become the nature of people to take everything for granted. And they do think about any process when something goes wrong. Commonly, this method is made possible by some factors, and among them; the utilization of DAM solutions tops the list.
There are some remarkable benefits of utilizing DAM software and they tend to be well-documented, like streamlined operations, cost savings, improved productivity, and not to forget escalated revenue. DAM software brings together assets effectively in only one place and so; it can make the process more effective and easier for keeping a trail of them, finding them, searching for them, and see how and where they are being utilized.
DAMs have been doing the rounds for some time now and with the inclusion of graphic and semantic databases life as a creative manager, studio manager, and marketer has turned easier. Many stakeholders should review as well as sanction media assets for ensuring brand consistency. Additionally, stakeholders can also comprise the marketing, creative, and development teams. When reviews become complete then media can be administered and delivered.