As its name suggests, drilling tools are used to drill holes on either the walls or on the ground. These tools can be used for simple DIY activities at home or even more complicated construction work. Thanks to technology, drilling tools are also getting better with their function. Many are now more comfortable to use, and some are already more high powered. This means that you get to finish the drill job at a faster pace than what was previously achieved.
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert in construction tasks, there’s still so much you need to know about drilling tools. Below are some of the essentials. Once you know the basics, you can find these features at Diamond Drilling Tools Canada.
1. Drilling Tool Features that You Need to Look Out for
When choosing among different power drills, there are specific features that you need to look out for. These features are critical to ensure that you end up with nothing but the best. If you’re going to be purchasing a drilling tool for your home, you must be sure of the quality of the instrument. Otherwise, the power tool won’t be able to serve you well and will be a waste of money.
That said, here are some of the features that you have to look out for in drilling tools:
- Dual gear mode. This dual gear adjustment is placed on the topmost part of the drill. Through this adjustment setting, the drill is able to drop or rise in speed, without necessarily losing power and dropping the torque. This is beneficial when you’re driving screws into a piece of wood.
- Multiple torque settings. When there are more numbers on the dial, this also means that there are more settings. With this, you can input the right torque that’s needed for the job that you have to do.
- LED work light. You can find an LED work light above the trigger. You can activate this light with a simple press of a button. The LED work light comes in handy when you’re working in a location that has low light.
- Additional batteries. These come in handy when you need to work for long hours.
Now that you know what to look out for, you can find drilling tools with these features from reputable brands like Diamond Drilling Tools.
2. Types and Parts of Drilling Tools
What is a Hammer Drill and What Does it Do?
A hammer drill pounds or vibrates as it makes holes. This is used for more heavy-duty applications. This kind of job includes attaching support brackets on poles. However, because these jobs aren’t commonly done, it’s not advisable to purchase one just for home use. To avoid unnecessary expenses, you can easily borrow or rent one if the hammer drill isn’t something that you’re going to use regularly.
What is a Drill Bit and What Does it Do?
A drill bit is used to cut circular holes of different sizes and patterns. In essence, a drill bit is a cutting device. It has the following specifications:
- Length of the drill bit – This helps you in knowing how deep are the holes that you need to cut.
- Spiral part – This controls the chip removal rate.
- Lip angle – This part helps you control the amount of support for the cutting edge.
- Point angle – The size of the point angle depends on the material you need to work on. A small point angle is used for soft material. Meanwhile, a larger point angle is required for harder metal.
There are different types of drill bits. But for every kind of drill bit, these are the basics that you need to know.
3. Factors to Consider when Buying a Drill
There are numerous factors for you to consider when buying a drill. These are important as they help narrow down the countless options of drills that are available for you to choose from. Some of these essential factors include:
- How the equipment is going to be used, or for what construction purpose
- How much you’re willing or able to spend for your drill bits and other materials
- What features you’re looking for in your drill, as enumerated in the first section
When you take these factors into consideration, you can be more certain that you’re not wasting your money on a drill that isn’t going to work for you.
At least once in your life, you might need to do a drilling job done in your home. It could be done by yourself or by a carpenter; each drilling job differs from each other. Some tasks are harder, while others are easier. Some drilling jobs involve wood surfaces, while others are for metal. Whatever the type and specification, there is now a proper drilling tool to be used for every need. All you need to do is to pick the right tool and know how to use it. With these tips to guide you, you can more easily pick the right drilling tool for you.
Anthony Michaels is a social media influencer who has gained thousands of followers online. With this role, Anthony believes that it is his responsibility to update the online community with the latest news. Anthony contributes articles that talk about anything under the sun but often focuses on politics, music, and literature.