Nowadays many people complain about chronic stress and anxiety. They face issues like tension, agitation, racing heart and even chest pain. On the other hand, depression makes one feel hopeless and you may also lose interest in activities.
The key difference between anxiety and depression is that depression is one type of illness whereas anxiety is linked to a group of conditions. Let’s check a few mood symptoms and type of feelings in both conditions:
- Depression: Depression is defined as having a low mood or loss of interest in activities for weeks or more. These are core symptoms of depression and one may also experience helplessness, guilt, suicidal thoughts, low self-esteem and feelings of worthlessness.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is categorized as worry and one may have difficulties in controlling feelings like these. The general mood of a person is irritable and he or she may feel restless or on the edge.
Anxiety and depression are common mental health issues and each year many patients are diagnosed with these conditions. In severe cases, some may need to take heavy medications for treatment but it is not so effective or helpful for many. So, we will discuss some natural remedies for anxiety and depression that can help you in the long run and boost your mental health.
- Sleeping properly: One of the major reasons for these issues is unhealthy sleep habits. Some people who have depression or anxiety also suffer from some type of sleeping disorder and it is very important to rest. If you do not rest properly at night you can also develop an eating disorder and your anxiety/depression may elevate. You should sleep on a comfortable mattress, keep the electronic gadgets away at night, do some sleep meditation, and avoid listening to music. Improve your sleep atmosphere and plan a proper sleeping schedule.
- Meditation: Meditation helps in slowing down the racing thoughts and it becomes easy to manage these disorders. There are a wide range of meditation styles like mindfulness meditation, yoga and others. It is effective for people who have issues related to anxiety. Meditation gives relaxation and calmness to the mind and it helps in improving focus or concentration.
- Exercise: Exercising is a wonderful way to burn anxious energy and it can treat anxiety. A proper exercise schedule where four days in a week are good enough to burn calories and stay healthy. Though exercise offers many other health benefits, it is ideal for a peaceful mind as well.
- Smoking: Many people think that smoking helps in stress but actually it increases stress. It suppresses the amount of vitamin B12 in the body and our body cannot produce vitamin B12. It has to be taken in the form of supplements or food. Research has shown that smoking actually causes depression and anxiety. Smoking is the leading cause of death but it is bad for depression as well as anxiety.
- Herbal teas: Herbal teas help to elevate mood and allow one to sleep better. Drinking herbal teas gives a soothing effect to the brain. It also reduces anxiety. For example, chamomile reduces the level of cortisol (a stress hormone)in the body. It induces sleep as well. Green tea is good for weight loss and boosting the immune system. It also helps in depression.
There are other alternatives to anxiety medication, which are more promising and give amazing results. If you combine them with other natural remedies discussed above then the results will be more satisfying.
- Inhale B12 Vitamin: Vitamin B12 is also known as cobalamin which the body doesn’t produce and available in certain foods. It improves mood and symptoms of depression. It synthesizes and metabolizes serotonin which regulates mood. If serotonin is decreased in the body one may feel depressed. Therefore, if you inhale vitamin b12 then you will notice your mood is improved.
It is best to vape instead of swallowing the capsules because studies reveal that if you are smoking vitamins then it is absorbed quickly by the body. You can instantly see changes in your mood when you vape Vitamin B12. You can meditate and use it after or before meditation. The effects will be more satisfying. Whenever you feel stressed, just have a few puffs and you will get instant relaxation. Try different flavors for the best results.
- CB2 oil: The new research on CB2 receptors is exciting to know about. This is an amazing formula to melt stress and anxiety. Your body functions better and you can sleep better. The best thing is that CB2 oil offers many antioxidant & anti-inflammatory effects which also reduces pain and inflammation in the body. It is ideal for migraines and headaches which are a constant complaint from those who have anxiety and depression.
Using cb2 oil for sleep is beneficial for it improves serotonin levels in the body that are responsible for mental health. The CB2 oil does not cause any psychoactive effects and it doesn’t make you high as well.
It helps to reduce other forms of anxiety as well as social anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. It will not cause any side effects as well. It is natural and if you smoke then it will also benefit you to cut down on cigarettes because the oil gives a relaxing effect to the body. Simply use this when you going to sleep and you will have a restful sleep at night.
- CBD pure hemp oil: To unwind tension and discomfort a secret ingredient is terpenes. It offers many health benefits and has many antioxidant & anti-inflammatory effects as well. Check your state and local laws before purchasing.
Terpenes trigger responses, which improve concentration, promote sleep and calmness, boost mood, and help one to sleep better. Purchase high-quality CBD pure hemp oil which is full-spectrum oil made from cannabis or sativa plants.
The hemp seed oil has nutrients, fatty acids, and very useful bioactive compounds. These compounds are produced by plants just like the terpenes and many researchers have found their therapeutic and medicinal benefits. Certain terpenes in the medicinal CBD oil offer a plethora of benefits and it improves immune function, gut digestion, deep sleep states, calmness, and much more.
- Vape For Calmness: The increasing vaping trends are attractive but do you know it is beneficial when it comes to eliminating anxiety and depression.
Many people have opted vaping for calmness and it controls your nicotine urge as well. You can choose the nicotine level in the vape E-liquid and even go for a flavored nicotine-free vape juice and you can choose the right e juice based on your preference.
It comes in many flavors and some even calm your mind. When you cut down on nicotine you also cut down on stress. You will not smell bad and your clothes or the surrounding atmosphere will not stink. You can vape anywhere you like and no one will be affected by the vapor. There are different types of vapor liquids to choose from and vaping will induce mental repose. It will ward off negative feelings. It is safer than smoking.
During an anxiety attack, it is vital to soothe quickly, and vaping may offer immediate calming effects. Even when you grab a vape pen it can unwind you. It means it induces the placebo effect. So, whenever anxiety kicks, you are ready to bring it down with vaping. If you get the urge to smoke then choose your electronic cigarette and it will calm you down.
Conclusion: We have seen that depression and anxiety can cause many problems and natural remedies can help one cope with depression and anxiety. Instead of taking medications, one can also try these effective methods to suppress depression or anxiety issues but consult your doctor before using these alternatives.