Treatment of oncological pathology in Germany constantly stays in the focus of attention. Specialists improve the existing treatment techniques, e.g. create new generations of the da Vinci robotic systems, and pay attention to new promising approaches, like the liquid biopsy tests and immunotherapy with CAR T-cells.
The treatment of oncological pathology in Germany constantly stays in the focus of attention. Specialists improve the existing treatment techniques, e.g. create new generations of the da Vinci robotic systems, and pay attention to new promising approaches, like the liquid biopsy tests and immunotherapy with CAR T-cells. One more novel option is testing the efficacy of medications on organoids – tiny components of patient’s cells that can be artificially grown in the laboratory conditions.
Benefits of oncological medical programs in Germany
Cancer treatment in Germany focuses on both tumor destruction and improving patient’s quality of life, relieving cancer symptoms. Receiving medical services in Germany, the patient obtains a number of benefits:
- Precise diagnostic interventions that determine consequent treatment. Histological verification is a must in each German clinic. Hard-to-reach tumors can be sampled endoscopically. Targeted procedures, like PET/CT with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose or PSMA-PET/CT, are actively used here.
- Drug therapy includes conventional chemotherapy along with novel immunotherapy and targeted therapy. It should be noted that approved in Germany drugs for the targeted and immunotherapy may be not available in other countries yet.
- Precise and sparing surgeries. Ineligible patients conventional traumatic surgeries are replaced by safer endoscopic interventions, robotic procedures (e.g. with da Vinci robot), and stereotactic radiosurgery with Cyberknife or Gamma Knife.
- Radiation therapy is adjusted to the tumor shape and volume. This is called volumetric arc therapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy, and 3D conformal irradiation.
Choosing the healthcare institution
German healthcare system numbers nearly 2000 medical facilities. When you need to choose the most appropriate exactly for you, it is better to check its annual qualification report. This updated regularly document reflects the success rates of the hospital, the number of qualified doctors, the availability of state-of-art equipment, etc. List of the TOP hospitals that offer efficient cancer treatment includes:
- University Hospital Halle (Saale).
- University Hospital Bonn and Beta Klinik Bonn.
- University Hospital Cologne.
- University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden.
- University Hospital Würzburg.
Moreover, specialized oncological centers and oncological departments of the large clinics often take part in the clinical trials. Thus, eligible patients have a chance to try the novel therapeutic techniques for free and even prior to their implementation into the wide clinical practice.
Planning treatment abroad with Booking Health
Cancer treatment in Germany gives excellent results but the same time requires a patient more organizational efforts. If the arrangement of therapy abroad seems not easy, Booking Health will become your qualified assistant. Booking Health is the certified medical tourism operator (international ISO 9001:2015 certificate) that helps patients with oncologic diseases for over 10 years. The company offers full-package services, including all medical and non-medical issues:
- Individual selection of the oncological center or department of the large hospital.
- Booking the convenient hospitalization date or appointment.
- Elaboration of the preliminary diagnostic or therapeutic program.
- Additional monitoring of the provided medical services by our experts.
- Help in forwarding medications to a patient’s native country, if necessary.
- Providing the most favorable financial terms, without additional fees (saving up to 50% of the price).
- Control of invoices, return of unspent funds.
- Communication with the doctor after therapy completion, receiving and translating medical reports.
- Arrangement of additional tests and distant consultations.
- Booking accommodation and tickets, transfer organization.
- Services of an interpreter in the hospital, translation of medical documents.
Leave the treatment request on the Booking Health website and be ready to receive the call from a medical advisor or a patient case manager the same day.