- Special Reports
- Baby Lessons
- Back Story
- Balance Beam
- BPE Traveler
- Charm City Trekker
- Dara cooks
- Ear Candie
- Eddie’s Entertainment Report
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Fan on Face
- Fighting against Injustice
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- Grab a pint with The Hop Local
- Kierkegaard’s Left Lobe
- Left Coast Logic
- Lifestyle Medicine
- More than 140 characters
- Recycled Recipes from Vintage Boxes
- Ring the Bell Now!
- Sally’s Culinary Adventure
- Press Releases
- Tim Forkes started as a writer on a small alternative college newspaper in Milwaukee called the Crazy Shepherd. Writing about entertainment issues, he had the opportunity to speak with many people in show business, from the very famous to the people struggling to find an audience. In 1992 Tim moved to San Diego, CA and pursued other interests, but remained a freelance writer. Upon arrival in Southern California he was struck by how the business of government and business was so intertwined, far more so than he had witnessed in Wisconsin. His interest in entertainment began to wane and the business of politics took its place. He had always been interested in politics, his mother had been a Democratic Party official in Milwaukee, WI, so he sat down to dinner with many of Wisconsin’s greatest political names of the 20th Century: William Proxmire and Clem Zablocki chief among them. As a Marine Corps veteran, Tim has a great interest in veteran affairs, primarily as they relate to the men and women serving and their families. As far as Tim is concerned, the military-industrial complex has enough support. How the men and women who serve are treated is reprehensible, while in the military and especially once they become veterans. Tim would like to help change that reality.
Posts by Tim Forkes:
The leadership of the National Rifle Association can be counted on to say....
OK, these Christian fanatics, who are basically the same as Muslim fanatics (but....
Every year it’s the same old thing: the White House Press Corps holds....
Gun safety has lost. Just to be clear, the proposed background check law....
Everyone who lives in Boston knows Patriots Day. Kids get the day off....
Margaret Thatcher has passed away. A great lady? Yeah, in that larger-than-life way....
Annette Funicello passed away Monday (April 8, 2013). For those who may be....
Did you ever wonder how and why “The Star Spangled Banner” became the....
It’s not often I get the chance to tout California’s conservative bona fides,....
On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, we marked the 10th Anniversary of the invasion....