- MD Reporter
- Special Reports
- Archangels of Justice: Exposing Public Corruption
- Consumer Technology
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Eddie’s Entertainment Report
- The Fan Corner
- Fighting against Injustice
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- 50 Shades of Tarot
- Grab a pint with The Hop Local
- Kierkegaard’s Left Lobe
- Left Coast Logic
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Moving Pictures
- Recycled Recipes from Vintage Boxes
- Sally’s Culinary Adventure
- That Chicago Guy
- What was I thinking?
- Whiskey Pam
- Tim Forkes started as a writer on a small alternative college newspaper in Milwaukee called the Crazy Shepherd. Writing about entertainment issues, he had the opportunity to speak with many people in show business, from the very famous to the people struggling to find an audience. In 1992 Tim moved to San Diego, CA and pursued other interests, but remained a freelance writer. Upon arrival in Southern California he was struck by how the business of government and business was so intertwined, far more so than he had witnessed in Wisconsin. His interest in entertainment began to wane and the business of politics took its place. He had always been interested in politics, his mother had been a Democratic Party official in Milwaukee, WI, so he sat down to dinner with many of Wisconsin’s greatest political names of the 20th Century: William Proxmire and Clem Zablocki chief among them. As a Marine Corps veteran, Tim has a great interest in veteran affairs, primarily as they relate to the men and women serving and their families. As far as Tim is concerned, the military-industrial complex has enough support. How the men and women who serve are treated is reprehensible, while in the military and especially once they become veterans. Tim would like to help change that reality.
Posts by Tim Forkes:
One of the greatest movies of all time, Shane, was on Turner Classic....
The Miami Dolphins against the San Diego Chargers in Qualcomm Stadium, September 27,....
A couple nights ago I saw the movie American Sniper. First things first:....
Let me state for the record, up front: I believe Tom Brady and....
Later this evening we will be treated to the annual State of the....
Photo above: train and trolley yards on San Diego Bay, as seen from....
Yesterday I was watching the video of Malala Yousafzai accepting the Nobel Prize....
Remember the movie The Breakfast Club? Released 30 years ago (February 15, 1985),....
The view of La Jolla, CA from the surf. The year of our Lord....
Photo above: Stephen Colbert’s desk on The Colbert Report. (Comedy Central) Four nights a....