- Special Reports
- A Musing Mommy
- Archangels of Justice: Exposing Public Corruption
- Ask Christine
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Eddie’s Entertainment Report
- Fatherhood 101 … Off the 101
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- Grab a pint with The Hop Local
- Kierkegaard’s Left Lobe
- Left Coast Logic
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Moving Pictures
- Recycled Recipes from Vintage Boxes
- Sally’s Culinary Adventure
- Travel Shop Girl
- Turn it off, turn it on
- What was I thinking?
- Whiskey Pam
- Tim Forkes started as a writer on a small alternative college newspaper in Milwaukee called the Crazy Shepherd. Writing about entertainment issues, he had the opportunity to speak with many people in show business, from the very famous to the people struggling to find an audience. In 1992 Tim moved to San Diego, CA and pursued other interests, but remained a freelance writer. Upon arrival in Southern California he was struck by how the business of government and business was so intertwined, far more so than he had witnessed in Wisconsin. His interest in entertainment began to wane and the business of politics took its place. He had always been interested in politics, his mother had been a Democratic Party official in Milwaukee, WI, so he sat down to dinner with many of Wisconsin’s greatest political names of the 20th Century: William Proxmire and Clem Zablocki chief among them. As a Marine Corps veteran, Tim has a great interest in veteran affairs, primarily as they relate to the men and women serving and their families. As far as Tim is concerned, the military-industrial complex has enough support. How the men and women who serve are treated is reprehensible, while in the military and especially once they become veterans. Tim would like to help change that reality.
Posts by Tim Forkes:
One morning my friend (he shall remain anonymous to protect his guilt) and....
What do you think death is like? Is it restful, does it have stars....
Vladimir Putin answered journalists’ questions on the situation in Ukraine. (Wikipedia) It’s About the....
Vladimir Putin answered journalists’ questions on the situation in Ukraine. (Wikipedia) Ever been swimming....
St. Patrick’s Day Parade in San Francisco. Photo by David Yu via Flickr St. Patrick’s....
There’s a media storm getting whipped up from the vocal right that insists....
Last year I caught the first episode of House of Cards, that Netflix....
The San Diego Convention Center can be seen from San Diego Bay, in....
The nice folks on the MSNBC program, The Cycle, said Sunday Night’s Grammy....
Monday, January 20: the back-end of another three-day weekend. The banks and post....