- MD Reporter
- Special Reports
- Archangels of Justice: Exposing Public Corruption
- Dating Emily
- Eclectic Global Nomad
- Eddie’s Entertainment Report
- The Fan Corner
- Fighting against Injustice
- Forty Shades of Fitness
- 50 Shades of Tarot
- Grab a pint with The Hop Local
- Kierkegaard’s Left Lobe
- Left Coast Logic
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Moving Pictures
- Recycled Recipes from Vintage Boxes
- Sally’s Culinary Adventure
- That Chicago Guy
- What was I thinking?
- Whiskey Pam
- Tim Forkes started as a writer on a small alternative college newspaper in Milwaukee called the Crazy Shepherd. Writing about entertainment issues, he had the opportunity to speak with many people in show business, from the very famous to the people struggling to find an audience. In 1992 Tim moved to San Diego, CA and pursued other interests, but remained a freelance writer. Upon arrival in Southern California he was struck by how the business of government and business was so intertwined, far more so than he had witnessed in Wisconsin. His interest in entertainment began to wane and the business of politics took its place. He had always been interested in politics, his mother had been a Democratic Party official in Milwaukee, WI, so he sat down to dinner with many of Wisconsin’s greatest political names of the 20th Century: William Proxmire and Clem Zablocki chief among them. As a Marine Corps veteran, Tim has a great interest in veteran affairs, primarily as they relate to the men and women serving and their families. As far as Tim is concerned, the military-industrial complex has enough support. How the men and women who serve are treated is reprehensible, while in the military and especially once they become veterans. Tim would like to help change that reality.
Posts by Tim Forkes:
Today is the 239th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Two hundred....
In July of 1978 I arrived in Milwaukee, WI, fresh out of the....
Andrew Tahmooressi getting on a private jet after being released from a Mexican....
Part One can be found Here Part Two A lot has happened since those first....
Do we still remember this? Should we even be taking about it now,....
Today is the 13th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York City,....
First of all: There isn’t an assault on the Constitution, the Bill of....
Of all the sad realities of life today, this is the one that....
It occurred to mw few years ago why some old people choose not....
USA in white against Belgium. Tim Howard prepares to make one of 16....